Below are the questions that couples ask most often. 

The Marriage License

You must have a valid California marriage license for me to perform your wedding, and you must obtain it. I cannot obtain it for you. If you do not have the marriage license at the ceremony, I can only perform a commitment ceremony which is not legally binding. There are no exceptions.

Click here for information on how to obtain a license.

Certified Copy of Marriage License

To get a certified copy of your license you will contact the courthouse where you obtained it once it is filed. They sometimes include a document explaining how to get it, or you can walk in and ask the clerk for one. It’s best to call them if you are unsure. I will let you know once its filed or received by the clerk. It is available anytime after it is filed.


Ceremony fees are required to be paid prior to the ceremony. I prefer to have this done by two weeks prior to the ceremony, unless other arrangements are made. 

Officiant Gratuity

Always appreciated, but not required.

When Do I Arrive?

I arrive thirty minutes to one hour prior to your ceremony. I will let you know when I arrive. 


I normally wear black slacks, a black officiant blazer and a solid shirt. If you have a color preference, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate.


If you would like to add or remove anything from the ceremony, you can do this up until the day before the wedding. Just let me know and I will be glad to accommodate. It’s your wedding, and I don’t want you to feel that you missed out on anything. 

Actual Ceremony Time

The actual ceremony time is between 15-20 minutes.

2018 © 2015 - 2020 All Rights Reserved.